Hockey fans across India witnessed yet another electrifying and staggering hockey at the Ranchi stadium today. With the crowd support behind Ranchi Rays, the team played with an aim to register their second win of the League while the visiting Dabang Mumbai team played to claim 5 full points. But what was witnessed an exciting match and yet another draw and with both the teams registering their second draw in the League. While Dabang Mumbai started the game by scoring quick scored 2 goals in the first quarter itself leaving the Ranchi home crowd silent, Ranchi Rays from the second quarter ensured that they leave no stone unturned to change the tables. The nail biting finish finally saw Ranchi Rays ensuring that Dabang Mumbai do not leave the field with a win and the game was drawn at 2-2.

Both teams had almost equal possession of the ball in the initial ten minutes, the first goal finally came in the 12th minute. The breakthrough came for Dabang Mumbai when Harmanpreet Singh from the right wing passed the ball to Arjun Halappa standing right in front of the goal post. He further did no mistake in hitting the ball hard towards the goal and which was beautifully touched by Glen Turner ensuring the ball reached the net leaving the hosts stunned. With the score at 1-0 and Dabang Mumbai leading, within 3 minutes and in the 15th minute it was Glen Turner who from the left flank passed the ball to the unmarked Santa Singh standing in front of goal post and the composed 18 year old finished it coolly ensuring that he scores the second one for his team.

ranchi rays

The second quarter started with Ranchi Rays starting the session with clear determination to come back into the game. Without wasting any time Ranchi attacked the D of Dabang Mumbai and seamless passes in the opponents D allowed the 21 year old Daniel Beale to score a back handed field goal for his team, taking the score to 1-2.

The third quarter started with the teams high on momentum. Five minutes into the 3rd quarter, Ranchi Rays claimed a penalty corner putting the young Adrian again on the test. Ashely Jackson taking the penalty corner flicked hard but was wide of the goal, hence loosing the opportunity to equalize. Within a minute and in the 37th minute, Ranchi Rays was awarded with another penalty corner and this time Ashley did no mistake in converting and ensuring that Ranchi Rays equalised. With the score tied at 2-2, both teams knew it would be anyone’s game from here. both teams attacked, but were unable to score any further goal and the third quarter ended with 2-2 on the board.

With just 2 minutes left in the game, Ranchi Rays again had a chance through Mandeep Singh but was yet again saved by the Mumbai goalie leaving the hosts frustrated. The match ended with both team settling for a draw, 2-2.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *